The original wooden chapel, completed in 1845 was demolished in the early 20th century. The present building, which seats 70 people, is a replica built in 1965. The belfry is original. The bell, bought in England by Rev. A.N.Brown, cracked in the early years of the 20th century and was recast by Alice Maxwell in 1929. Many couples choose The Elms for their wedding ceremony, held either in the Chapel or in the peaceful grounds. Any minister of religion or registered celebrant is welcome to officiate.